Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
dutch4fire23 dutch4fire23 is offline

Default Please Help with Formula!

Hello, I am a new user and I am having great difficulty in figuring out
something. I have a dataset in Excel with first names, last names,
states, cd sales total cost by state... and I am I started a new
worksheet cales total sales y state. Now, in this new sheet I want have
the states copied over and in the B2 cell I want to write a formula that
will enable me to have the total cost from O2:O112 cells ("Total Sales")
to be sumed up by each state with absolute references. How would I do
this? Example I am currently using =SUMIF(Demographics!F2:F112, "AK",
Demographics!O2:O112) which is giving me the correct total sales for
AK, but I want to copy this formula using absolute references and have
the states change while keeping the fields O2:O112 the same. I just
don't want to enter in each state which is what I was starting to do,
but It will take a while =SUMIF(Demographics!F2:F112, "IA",
Demographics!O2:O112)

as an example here is Totals by State! worksheet:

AK $324.50 <---- Total from Demographics! for AK
IA $428.68

Using the above formula to calculate the totals for each state. I want
to copy the formula from the B2 for AK cell and paste it so I do not
have to go in and change the formula for each one

Here is the Demographics! Worksheet as an example:

States: Total Sales for the year
AK <--F2 $100 <--- O2
AK $100
AK $100
Ak $100
IA $150
IA $150
IA $100

Do I need a different formula all together or just change F2:F112 to
$F$2:$F$112 and O2:O112 to $O$2:$O$112, but how to I have Excel change
the states without me having to type in each state in each new state
row.

Any Help id greatly appreciated, Thank you

Andy

--
dutch4fire23
dutch4fire23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36900