Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SimonCC SimonCC is offline

Default Vlookup question

This might work:
=VLOOKUP(C2,INDIRECT("'"&A3&"-Pivot'!$A$3:$J$24"),10,FALSE)

-Simon

"aka_krakur" wrote:

Okay, I'll try & make this as simple as I can.
I have two worksheet tabs. 1. Named: Sheet2 & 2. Named: 2524-Pivot
In Sheet2 I have the following layout:
A B C D
MM/YY MM/YY
MM/YY
_Code__________Reported_Device_______Jan-06_________Feb-06_________Mar-06_
2524 Failure to Advance

Okay, so under let's say C3 I am trying to write a Vlookup formula. A
normal one would be =VLOOKUP(C2,'2524-Pivot'!$A$3:$J$24,10,FALSE) as
Worksheet Tab 2524-Pivot is where the data is I want it to look up
according to the MM/YY.
It works great; however, I am going to be creating a crazy amount of
these Pivot-table worksheets and each one will be named *-code-*-Pivot
So I wanted to know if anyone knew if it was possible to do a Vlookup
that would automatically grab the A column (Code) and then just put the
-Pivot part of the table_array name.
I tried the following (which didn't work:
=vlookup(c2,'a3&-Pivot'!$a$3:$j$24,10,false) and some similar.

anyone out there can help, it would be greatly appreciated. if it's
possible all I would have to do would be to copy and paste these in
this huge spreadsheet with many mm/yy fields.

Please help.

Thanks,
David

--