Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jerry W. Lewis Jerry W. Lewis is offline

Default Trendline R square

Please provide more information:
- version of Excel
- how the model is specified for the ATP regression tool
- for the ATP regression, are you looking at "Multiple R", "R Square", or
"Adjusted R Square"?
- what chart type did you use "Line" or "XY (Scatter)"?
- what type of trend line on the chart?

If the data is not too extensive or too sensitive, it might help to list it
in the body of your reply (no attachments, please).

Jerry

"balmalik" wrote:

Hi every body,

Can you please help me with this confusing issue?

My data is preseted in a scatter plot and the trendline is shown in the
figure. The R square value from the trendline option is not the same as
the one I got from the Data analysis option from the tools menu (This
is an Add-in option). To be sepecific the trend line gave an R square=
0.5465 where the data analysis gave an R square=0.9804509.

Thanks in advance for your help.....

--
balmalik
balmalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36517