Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default Setting up a validation of data listbox to provide the unique items within a range

The FALSE attributes are coming from the function returning no more
unique entries.

That shouldn't happen. The formula to extract the uniques should only return
either a unique item or leave the cell blank. You may not have implemented
it correctly.

It would be easier if you were to send me a copy of your file then I could
see exactly what you're wanting to do and in what context. If you can do
that my email address is:

xl can help at comcast period net

Remove "can" and change the obvious.

If you can't send your file at least send me an email so I can return to you
the sample file.

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
That would be really helpful if it's not to much to ask.

The FALSE attributes are coming from the function returning no more
unique entries. I could just limit the function by filling down to the
last unique entry, but this wouldn't allow for any future expansion on
my lists. Consequently, I would have to manually go through the and
check the lists from time to time to make sure the function is
returning all known unique items by filling down cells. I was just
wondering if there was a way to hide the FALSE attribute from showing
up in the list once all unique entries are given so that they wouldn't
be in the validation of data select box.

Thanks again,
Jeff