Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tim m tim m is offline

Default copying and holding certain cells in the function

Make A5:A65 an absolute cell location by putting $ in the formula like so:
$A$5:$A$65
You can manually type in the $ or click on that part of the formula and use
F4 to cycle through types of cell addresses.

"rwong520" wrote:

Hello all,

I'm having a slight problem with an Excel function that I hope someone
can help me with:

Here's the function that's in the cell:
= COUNT(G12:G66)/(((countbycolor(G5:G65,
46,FALSE))+(countbycolor(A5:A65,40,FALSE)))

I then have to drag this cell to the right (thus copying the function
to display the new calculated values). However, I'd like have everthing
shift (G12:G66 to H12:H66 to I12:I66 etc...) except A5:A65. I would like
to hold this value as is. Is this possible???

Thank you very much in advance.
Regards,

Ron.

--