Dave Peterson

First thing I'd check is to see where excel sees last used cell.

Hit ctrl-end. If that's way far away from what you expected....

You could reset it by using techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site:

Do you add lots of formulas to the imported data?

BrianJ wrote:

Am importing contact data from our Sales Management Software System into an
Excel sheet. The Export process from the SMS system stores the data in a .txt
file. Currently we only have about 1000 records, and the .txt file is about
87kb. When I import into Excel through the Import Wizard it adds 500k to the
.xls file size. Now when I split up the data into two alpha groups (A-M; N-Z)
it doubles THAT size. Two questions:
1. Is there some way to not increase the file size (maybe during import?)
2. Is there a way to interact with the data from a separate worksheet
altogether?

-b

--

Dave Peterson