Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tiesthatbind Tiesthatbind is offline

Default Match and Sum?

Hello everyone, I have a 'jobs in progress' worksheet and I'm trying to
sum the total materials by work code.
column F has codes: Column AU has
material totals:
10
5
20
4
7
these codes will be repeated at random as the jobs are entered by
row. this is my formula =INDEX($AU$1:$AU$5,MATCH($A$1,$F$1:$F$5,0)
entered as an array. cell A1 has the code I want to find the sum for
eg. N . This formula returns only the first cell contents found matched
to N, eg. 10. and I would like it to return eg. 14. Thank you for your
help in advance, this forum has assisted me tremendously. J

--
Tiesthatbind

Tiesthatbind's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32360
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565844