Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
k3639 k3639 is offline

Default Help with converting date formats

Thanks for the response, I have tried that already, and that is what skews my
values way off, either that, or makes no change whatsoever.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Select the range, do datatext to columns, click next twice and under column
data format select dates and YMD and click finish

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

"k3639" wrote in message
I have a column of data that is formatted with general text in yymmdd
format,
and for the purposes of a formula, I need it to represent in date format
of
mm/dd/yy. I have tried formatting the column, using datevalue, edate,
selecting the column and converting the text to column, and no matter what
do it seems to skew the end resulting dates way off from what they should
be,
for example, the first row is 680126, and I need it to appear as
01/26/1968,
but when I attempt to reformat, or perform any modification on the cell,
it
throws the value to 02/12/62?? And in the formula line it shows
2/12/3762.
Can anyone help with this please? The column in question has over 1300
lines
in it, and I don't want to have to rekey the dates.