Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Default Here is a simple formula request from a newb

In J9 put =J5+J6

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Darryl" wrote:

CLR wrote:
In J9 put =SUM(J1:J8)
In J10 put =J9*0.065
In J13 put =J9+J10

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Darryl" wrote:

Add subtotal * by tax and add tax to create final total

I'd like to have my subtotal = J9
Multiply by my tax rate 6.5% =J10
Add the J10 amout and total on =J13

Thank you for the very prompt reply, that did it nicely.
A second question - probably a nit pick.

Say I have my two cells with number vaules:
$360.57 on J5
$858.00 on J6

When I go to sum them on a line that I've chosen, say for example J9,
it will put it directly under the first two numbers above where I have
chosen. Is that by design, or have I not told it to NOT do that?