Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
tom tom is offline

Default Adding Rows offsets to working rows across two worksheets

Excel 2003 SP2
I've just setup a spreadsheet that has 2 worksheets, Sheet1 and Sheet2.
I've copied/pasted some data into Sheet1. Now in Sheet2 I parse the data
that's in Sheet1.

Sheet1 contains multiple GROUPS of data that are 23 rows. Hence, rows
A1-A23 are Group 1 and rows A24-A46 are Group 2, rows A47-A69 are Group 3,
etc.
I'm parsing the data in Sheet2 to be Group 1 as row 1; Group 2 as row 2 and
Group 3 as row 3. [Each row of any related Group from Sheet1 goes into a
COLUMN in Sheet2.] That is, Sheet1!A1 is mapped to Sheet2!A1; Sheet1!A2 is
mapped to Sheet2!B1; Sheet1!A3 is mapped to Sheet2!C1 etc.

Now for the next Sheet2 row, I should have
Sheet1!A24 is mapped to Sheet2!A2; Sheet1!A25 is mapped to Sheet2!B2;
Sheet1!A26 is mapped to Sheet!C2 etc.

What I don't know how to do is while in Sheet2 when I copy the Sheet1!A1 row
it automatically becomes Sheet1!A2 rather than Sheet1!A24.
===So, how can I copy the Sheet2 A1 row to the Sheet2 A2 row and have the
formulas change from Sheet1!A1 to Sheet1!A24? I need to change the 'add 1
row' to 'add 23 row' on the copy/paste.
How can I do this?
TIA
Tom