Gary Brown

Tiff,
This formula will give you the number of periods in the loan.
=(LOG(Pmt)-LOG(-(Principal*InterestRate/12)+Pmt))/(LOG(1+(InterestRate/12)))
where...
Pmt is the scheduled payment amount
Principal is the loan amount
Interest Rate is the ANNUAL interest rate

HTH,
Gary Brown

"Tiff" wrote in message
Normally that would work, but it doesn't work for what I'm
looking for. The only information I have available at
that time I would be using the template is the loan
amount, the interest rate, the number of payments per
year, & the scheduled payment amount. The calculations in
the template will not work unless I enter the loan period
in years. There is no determined loan period for these
loans. I didn't know if there was a way that I can
manipulate the template to produce the information I'm
looking for. (Total # of payments, last payment amount, &
total interest.)