Peo Sjoblom

Actually if you array enter it using 19 cells across it will return the
whole row

Peo Sjoblom

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote in message
The INDEX bit does not specify a single value. From E to W, where do you
want INDEX return a value?

ExcelMonkey wrote:
I have a formula that looks like this:

=INDEX($E$21:$W$35,MATCH($B40,$B$21:$B$35,0),0)

I want to wrap a Min formula around the result of value that arises from
the formaul and another cell E38:

=Min(E38, INDEX($E$21:$W$35,MATCH($B40,$B$21:$B$35,0),0))

However, when I do this, it seems to produce a value that is neither E38
nor the value from the Index. It seems to be pulling a value from the
array within the index. Can I wrap something around the index to ensure
that only the values from E38 and the Index are included in the calc.

Thanks