Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JHL JHL is offline

Default Match dBase with Fieldnames

Hello, I'm using Excel97. Need help in creating a file similar to the
illustration below. The sp/sht is sorted by the 'Fieldname'. There are no
numbers, currently in the spreadsheet. I used the following formula to get
the 'x' currently in the sheet. =IF($D$1=A20,"x","")
Not sure how to use Vlookup for two matches, and don't understand INDEX or
MATCH formulas I've read on the forum.

I'm trying to get the 'x' for db3 for Fieldname 'branch' on the same line
where 'branch' is listed as the 'Unique Fieldname' - if that's possible.

Thanks for any consideration.

dBase Fieldname Unique Fieldname dB1 dB2
dB3 dB4
dB1 branch branch x
dB3 branch CL bal
db3 CL bal CM bal