Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Make "Edit" mode default, rather than "Enter"?

I am unaware of any workaround that would accomplish what you
want.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Greg Boettcher" wrote in
message
ups.com...
I am using Excel 97.

When I enter some new text and then push the left arrow key,
Excel
assumes I want to go to the cell to the left. This really
annoys me a
lot. I know this happens because when you start typing text,
you're
automatically in Enter mode rather than Edit mode. And I know
this is
fixable by hitting F2 before hitting the left arrow key. But it
annoys
me a lot that I have to do this.

So, my question is, is there any way to make it so that when
you start
typing new text in a blank cell, it automatically takes you to
"Edit"
mode rather than "Enter" mode?

Greg