Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Hunter Hunter is offline

Default Excel 2007 Issue: Charting numerous strings of data

Hello,

I am trying to make an x-y line graph that contains numerous different
strings of data. These data sets all share the same x values, but the
different strings do not have the same number of data points (10 data points,
15 data points, and 20 data points)
When these are all charted together, the shorter strings plot fine until the
end of the data points, then the lines all go to the origin. After
experimenting a little I found out that only the longest string displays
properly. All strings shorter than the 20 point line are graphed properly,
except after that last point the line goes back the origin and ends there.
If all of the strings are the same length, there are no problems, so I
thought what if I select blank cells for the remaining 20 points? no dice,
then excel interprets that at that x-location the value is zero and plots it
as such. Excel 2003 understood if there is no data in the cell, don't plot
it.
Does anyone else have this problem and has anyone been able to fix it?