Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gadgets Gadgets is offline

Default Subtraction when including the MOD() function

D-O-H-!-

Got it working, stupid me forgot to add what sheet I was pulling the
information in K3 from. adding that, gives me exactly what it should
have... I can be so stupid sometimes! However, I am new at this excel
stuff.. that should count for some level of stupidity!

Thanks again for the help Bob,

Brian

Gadgets Wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to do some simple math, but it will include the MOD
function, and I can't get the result I need.

what I have is one column of datetime (dd/mm/yy hh:mm) and another
column of just time (hh:mm). I need to subtract the TIME ONLY in the
datetime column from the time column. This is what I thought was right,
but it doesn't seem to be.

=(K3-(MOD(MARIE_STATS!A3,1)))

The answer I get is -0.82 if the cell is formatted as a "Number". If I
try to format it as "Time" (hh:mm) I get all #########. The actualy
value in this case should be 00:37 (37 minutes. So, somewhere I be
messing up, can someone straighten me out please?

FYI cell K3 is the higher value so I shouldn't bet a negative.

Thanks,
Brian

--
Gadgets