Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Can I add more than 2 comparisons to an IF statement??

=IF(and(isblank(c8)=false,C8D8-2%),"EXCELLENT","NEEDS ADJUSTING")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"joshua" wrote in message
Hi can some one help me.
The user enters a number (percentage) in cell C8. There is Another Number
in
D8.
My IF statement reads
=IF(C8D8-2%,"EXCELLENT","NEEDS ADJUSTING")
This works fine.
THE PROBLEM is that even though Nothing has been entered in the Cell C8
yet
the I keep recieving the Message "EXCELLENT".
THE QUESTION if have is what syntax do I use to tell excel to first check
if
C8 is BLANK, if it is, to also return a BLANK, if it is not THEN TO Follow
the IF STATEMENT, above.