Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Patricia Patricia is offline

Default Returning text from nested IF and Vlookup statements

I am trying to return a text statement using nested IF statements. In order
to find the value in the IF statements, I have to use lookups.
Example: Find out if a site is open, scheduled to open or neither
I have three spreadsheets: All Sites, Open Sites, Pending Sites. I've
inserted a column in All sites to the left of column SiteNumber called
status. I'd like status to be Open, Pending or Other. My formula entered is:
=IF(VLOOKUP(B3,'Pending_Sites'!A2:E118,1,FALSE),"P ending",IF(VLOOKUP(B3,'Open_Sites'!A1:E63,1,FALSE) ,"Open",Other))
I get replies back correctly for Pending but #N/A for any other sites.
Any help is appreciated.