Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default How do I use formulas and what is the secret to making them

First, let's see if we can get a few more details about the data structure.

You mentioned that you have worksheets that you want to "bring together".

Do you mean that you have a separate sheet for each month and you want to
calculate both monthly totals and year-to-date totals on a separate sheet?

Are all of the sheets in the same workbook?

Are all of the numbers for a particular month in only one column or row?

Is there already a monthly total for each month somewhere in the workbook?
If YES, is it in the same place on each sheet (if you used multiple sheets)?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"eericclaptonfan" wrote:

Mr. Coderre,
Maybe this will help, I need to make a template for this not-for-profit and
I am having trouble with the formula for making the total contribution for
the month, and then adding to the next month's total so that there is a
current total for each month. Let us say for example that there is a group of
worksheets that you want to bring together. You take the first month, which
in this case is January, I then clicked the cell which in this case we will
call B5. The formula that I used was the following: =SUM(B3:B17) Is that
right so far? This gave me the total contributions for the month. I need to
come up with a formula that would enable me to move this total into the next
cell marked B6, because from there I need to take this total and apply to
every month so that there is a continuing running total. I have XL2003 . I
hope this helps the both of us. Any other help that you can give me would be
greatly appreciated. Eric Clapton Fan

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

I think you'll find it easier if you post a specific example of what you want
a formula to do, including the version of Excel and the basic structure of
the data:
(eg I have a column of numbers in Excel 2000 that I need to calculate an
average for)

That way you'll avoid being overwhelmed by all of the possibilites that
functions offer. You'd rather just be....whelmed, right?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"eericclaptonfan" wrote:

I am an extern in a not-for-profit organization. I need help with formulas
and do not know how or what to do? Please help me.