Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bill Ridgeway Bill Ridgeway is offline

Default How do I use formulas and what is the secret to making them

Ah! That's like asking the question about life, the universe and
everything. To simplify things there are inputs (from the user), the
manipulation of data (formula) and outputs (either derived data or
graphics.) The art of spreadsheet design is to understand the inputs and
outputs required by the Client - although this may go through a number of
versions before the Client realises what he may really want.

If you are really new to spreadsheeting I would suggest you get yourself on
a beginners course. That will give you a start at understanding
spreadsheets - what they are and what they can do.

If you need more specific help please feel free to ask away.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"eericclaptonfan" wrote in
message ...
I am an extern in a not-for-profit organization. I need help with formulas
and do not know how or what to do? Please help me.