CLR

Hi Edward............

You might take a look at Data Filter AutoFilter, or Data Filter
Advanced Filter...........or you might just do Tools Macro Record new
macro and record a macro to do the sorting for you........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Edward" wrote in message
I am trying to sort project financial data exported from Oracle a

different
way to look at in-house labor costs in two categories, Design and

Inspection.
The exported data is currently in 9 project phases, each phase having 5
categories, Design, Contingency, Construction, Inspection, and

Advertising,.
There are individual task codes within each category that carry a

numerical
code within a text string that identify each category, 01, 02, 03, 04, and

05
respectively. The first part of the text string identifies the phase of

the
project, the last part of the text string identifies the
vendor/consultant/contractor. The project is too complex to sort the data
using the sort command and I am looking for a more efficient way.