Bernie Deitrick

Liz,

Now it's J1, not D1? or did you mis-type?

And do you actually want to change the value of the cell with the max value?
Then you would need a macro.

But the formula will simply give you the same result, but in another cell.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Liz C" wrote in message
I want the difference between F1 & E1 to be added to the largest of A1

thru
J1. How can I have it figure out which cell is the largest and then go to
that cell and increase it's value by the difference between F1 & E1?
Thanks, Bernie.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Liz,

Depends on which difference you want. Try

=E1-F1+MAX(A1:D1)

or

=F1-E1+MAX(A1:D1)

or even

=ABS(E1-F1)+MAX(A1:D1)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Liz C" wrote in message
Hi.

I have a range of cells from A1 thru D1 with a total of A1:D1 in E1

and a
total to compare that to in F1.

I want to take the difference between E1 and F1 and add it to the cell
between A1 and D1 that has the largest value.

Any ideas how I might accomplish this?

Thanks!