Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default sorting problem

If you look at excel's help for "Features that are unavailable in shared
workbooks", you'll see one warning that's close (but not an exact hit).

Unavailable feature Alternatives
Insert or delete blocks of cells You can insert entire rows and columns.

Excel likes to work with whole rows in shared workbooks.

You may want to look at that list for other stuff that is unavailable.

Sadiwest wrote:

Go figure....I "unshared" the workbook and that seems to have resolved the
problem. NO idea why, though...
*stumped*

"Sadiwest" wrote:

I am using a spreadsheet that has four sets of three columns. I select,
let's say, rows 1-20 rows down the first set of columns. When I click "Sort"
the whole spreadsheet rows 1-20 gets highlighted 'to be sorted'. I've remade
the whole darn workbook but can't fix the problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Sandi

--