Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default sorting problem

It still sounds like a matter of selecting the range you want to sort
first.........if you are selecting only one column or one cell, then Excel
will sort all column within contiquity of that selection, thatis, until it
finds a blank column or blank row.....if you just highlight only the specific
cells of A1 to C20 Excel will only sort that area and nothing else.........if
you select only columns A,B, and C, then it will sort only within those three
columns........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Sadiwest" wrote:

I have selected the specific range/set/group of cels I want to sort....I
select them but the other/additional cels are auto-selected once I click
"Sort".
Thanks....I need all the help I can get.

"CLR" wrote:

If you want to sort only a small specific area, then select only that small
specific area, not the entire rows or entire columns within......ie, just
select a1:c20 to sort just that area, not ROW 1 to ROW 20.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Sadiwest" wrote:

I am using a spreadsheet that has four sets of three columns. I select,
let's say, rows 1-20 rows down the first set of columns. When I click "Sort"
the whole spreadsheet rows 1-20 gets highlighted 'to be sorted'. I've remade
the whole darn workbook but can't fix the problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Sandi