Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sadiwest Sadiwest is offline

Default sorting problem

I have selected the specific range/set/group of cels I want to sort....I
select them but the other/additional cels are auto-selected once I click
"Sort".
Thanks....I need all the help I can get.

"CLR" wrote:

If you want to sort only a small specific area, then select only that small
specific area, not the entire rows or entire columns within......ie, just
select a1:c20 to sort just that area, not ROW 1 to ROW 20.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Sadiwest" wrote:

I am using a spreadsheet that has four sets of three columns. I select,
let's say, rows 1-20 rows down the first set of columns. When I click "Sort"
the whole spreadsheet rows 1-20 gets highlighted 'to be sorted'. I've remade
the whole darn workbook but can't fix the problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Sandi