Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Conditional formatting should allow more than three conditions.

Then you'll like xl2007.

Joshua, Technical Editor wrote:

I understand that there is a VB work around for the three-condition limit on
conditional formatting but, frankly, that is not the same as an unlimited (or
reasonably large) number of conditions. I shouldn't have to resort to writing
VB code to do what the program clearly can do already any more than I should
have to reprogram my automobile engine's ignition-control computer just
because I want to drive up a steep hill. The three-condition limit is simply
too restrictive. Given the computational and memory resources available to
the application, is there any rationale for such a limit? I can think of
dozens of cases where I would use the feature to enhance the readibility of
information-tracking and -reporting spreadsheets but most of these would
depend on an ability to set a dozen or more conditions.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Dave Peterson