Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default Intersection point return data

Ok.....

Here's what I did:

You don't need the array lookup formula to get the "Converted" time in
column G of sheet placement:

=INDEX($B$2:$B$1441,MATCH(TEXT(F3,"hh:mm"),TEXT($A $2:$A$1441,"hh:mm"),0))

I replaced that formula with this one:

=FLOOR(D3,"0:15:0")

Since you don't need the lookup formula that also means you don't need the
lookup table so I deleted columns A and B of sheet placement. Column F,
where your times are, is now column D (which is why: =FLOOR(D3,"0:15:0")
refers to cell D3)

On the WTVF sheet I "manipulated" the times in column A so that they *ALL*
would match the results of the "Converted" time column on sheet placement.
That's what your problem was. I don't know how you generated the series of
times in your original lookup table but if you fill a series in certain ways
it can lead to "rounding issues" that cause things like: 3:30 does not match
3:30. The same thing applies to the time series on sheet WTVF.

I also reset the used range on sheet placement since I deleted the 1440 x 2
lookup table. The file size is now 155kb, versus the original 462kb.

Send me an email and I'll return your file. I don't have a place to upload.
My address is:

xl can help at comcast period net

Remove "can" and change the obvious

Biff

"tvtime" wrote in
message ...

Well, I can't say I understand completely, but I appreciate anything
you're able to come up with.

And I wasn't aware the words 'fudge factor' were in the excel
dictionary... :)

Thank you very much!

--
tvtime