Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer bpeltzer is offline

Default Data Validation - but not restricting values

Validation. Click on the Error Alert tab. What selections have you made
there? Unless the first checkbox is selected, there won't be any
notification.

"Jon5001" wrote:

I've applied data validation (list setting) to some cells in my workbook. The
source is a named range in another sheet. When I click on the cells with
validation, the dropdown list with the values I expect appears and I can
choose them as normal. However, I can also type in any other value I choose
and excel will not complain. Anyone know what's causing this?