Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Merging separate date and time columns into one

Just add them.

=a1+b1
and format as mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss

Gadgets wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have spent the better part of the last two days trying all kinds
of ways to merge two columns together with next to no success. I'm sure
this help is buried in these forums somewhere but a quick search found
nothing, and I am tired of trying functions and formulas that do either
nothing at all, or do the wrong thing. Here is what I am trying to do:

Currently I have two separate columns in a excel sheet. One contains
the date (ie. 07/25/06) and the other contains a time (ie. 20:18:00).

I would like to merge them into one to look like this:

07/25/06 20:18:00 seconds aren't actually needed but excel 2003 seems
to want them there.

Can anyone help me out with this before I go crazy?! I am NOT a regular
excel user so please spell this out clearly if you can. I have over 400
rows that need to be changed manually if this can't be done
automatically.

In case you are wondering..... my wife's boss changed her mind after
all this time of using separate date time columns.

Thank you so much for ANY help you can offer.

Brian

--
Gadgets
Gadgets's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36784