Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Cannot set Excel to only lock specified cells

By default, all cells are locked, so when you protect the
worksheet, none of the cells can be edited. Select the cells you
wish to unlock, go to the Format menu, choose Cells, then the
Protection tab. Then, uncheck the Locked box. Finally protect
your sheet.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"ZRW" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet that I need alternating rows with names
and cells to
enter data. Following the standard instructions of selecting
the cells
formating them to lock and then protecting the worksheet
results in all cells
being locked instead of the ones I have selected. How can I fix
this?