Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Greg Wilson Greg Wilson is offline

Default Multiple Functions and conditions

Perhaps this:

= IF(OR(B1 = E1, B1 = F1), "*" & B1, B1)

Regards,
Greg

"Biocellguy" wrote:

I want to make a combined function, but am not sure the best way. I
successfully created a calculation to determine data that is a statistical
outlier under the heading Min and Max (Sheet 1 E1 and F1 respectively). I
also have been able to create a conditional format to highlight the outlier
(Sheet 1 B1 is in bold red and C1 in bold blue). What I now want to do is in
another sheet have a condition where an asterisk is placed in front the
outlier IF it is an outlier as text will not be graphed. If it is not an
outlier then I want it to be the normal number.

Sheet 1 A B C D E [Min] F
[Max]
1 0.0051 0.0042 0.0051 0.005 0.0042 --
2 0.0041 0.0044 0.10 0.0043 0.10

What I have figured out is =REPLACE(B1,1,1,"*0") will put what I want
(*0.0042) and an IF function can have a formula used as the condition, and OR
can be used for two different logical arguments. I have tried
=OR((IF(B1=E1,(REPLACE(B1,1,1,"*0")),B1)),(IF(B1=F 1,(REPLACE(B1,1,1,"*0")),B1)))
This results in €śTRUE€ť being displayed. I have used various combinations,
but none worked.

Sheet 2 shows how I want the result to be

Sheet 2 A B C D
1 0.0051 *0.0042 0.0051 0.005
2 0.0041 0.0044 *0.10 0.0043