Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rhani111 rhani111 is offline

Default Data collation killing me!!

LOL...You aren't being dim, just I don't know how to explain it better.

The report sheet I deleted ,but added it to the bottom of your summary
sheet. The dates are actually on the top of the report (start and end
dates that is)...so the dates on the worksheets themselves need to be
recorded then collated somewhere or somehow so that I have formulas
that can look up the Item code, the date and the number used to place
into the report.

Does that make better sense to you? You were on the right track with
what you sent me, BUT the subtotals need to appear on the report NOT
change on the Subtotal columns of each sheet.

Usually I would have no problem with this but due to them using
dropdown lists for their item codes (and these are repeated
elsewhere...sighhhh)...this is what is causing the problems. I normally
would have just had a column for the item code to be entered, the date
and the number (all three placed into another data page vertically and
used a sumif statement!!) but this won't work if there is 24 columns
across with different dates added over the 10 sheets (representing
different months)....then just used advanced filter...but I can only
get it to report on either the date and the total ON that date, or the
item code and the number used...but NOT all three: i.e. DATE (total on
each day), item code (by day also) and the total used for the date.

God now I've gone and done it again!!!!! I've confused myself.
thinking that sending you the whole document would have been easier,
but considering it's over 100KB it won't send this way....and it's
industry specific and i could be in for it.....

--
rhani111
rhani111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19940