Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AntnyMI AntnyMI is offline

Default Pulling Data from Another Worksheet

I have a SOURCE DATA worksheet with 10 columns. I would like to
automatically pull data from columns B, F, G and J and place it onto a
SUMMARY sheet as columns A, B, C and D (the other 6 columns do not need
to be included on this second sheet).

Currently, I'm using the following formulas in cells A4, B4, C4 and D4
of the summary sheet, respectively:
"='Source Data'!B4" , "='Source Data'!F4" , "='Source Data'!G4" ,
"='Source Data'!J4"

What is the best way to automatically add additional rows of formulas
on the summary sheet as the source data sheet continues to grow? I
tried simply copying the formulas to the first 100 rows of the summary
sheet. However, this creates a problem when I sort. The sort includes
any rows with the formula (placing all blank rows before the rows with
data).

I need a way to add the formula to a new row on the summary sheet ONLY
when there is data on the corresponding row of the source data sheet.

BTW, "=IF('Source Data'!B8="",,'Source Data'!B8)" doesn't work. The
sort still processes this as a value of zero (therefore, placing these
rows before the rows with data).

Any ideas?