Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rinkjustice rinkjustice is offline

Default Formula for rounding number to nearest hundred?

Eureka! You've got it Hutch! The other function returned a #NAME! error
at me (in OpenOffice). I forget what it did in Excel.

Thanks very much to everyone.

Tom Hutchins wrote:
roadkill's suggestion is perfect. Either you are doing something wrong, or
there is something wrong with your Excel installation. When you enter his
ROUND formula, what does it return?

BTW, here is another way to accomplish the same goal:

=(INT(B14/100)*100)

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"rinkjustice" wrote:

I've tried that already roadkill. No go.

....thanks tho'

roadkill wrote:
How about =ROUND(B14,-2) - this assumes your number is in cell B14, of course.
Will

"rinkjustice" wrote:

I'm new to excel and I've recently encountered a problem that's even
stumped my teacher. I'm hoping one of the whizes in this forum can help
me:

Say I have a number like 5413.3375, is there a formula to round it to
the nearest hundred, which in this case would be 5400?

Thanks!