Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Custom Functions

If you save your personal.xls workbook as an addin (also in XLStart) and move
personal.xls out of XLStart, you can use formulas like this.

But if you have macros (subroutines) in personal.xls that you run via
Tools|macro|macros, you'll have to do more work.

Either give the user a nice interface to get to the macros--on the menubar or a
toolbar????

Or break apart your personal.xls into (at least) two files.

One with the UDF's and one with the Subs.

You can keep them both in your XLStart folder.

(I put all my stuff into personal.xla and add to the worksheet menubar.)

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

Sloth wrote:

I have several functions in my personal workbook. Is there a way to call
these functions without using the "PERSONAL.XLS!" tag in front of it?

so instead of using
=PERSONAL.XLS!newfunction(A1)
I would like to be able to use
=newfunction(A1)
without copying the VBA function into the current workbook.

--

Dave Peterson