Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default show all function with sheet protected

Dave

Is this a 2002 thing?

2003 allows "show all" on a protected sheet.

I can't test because I removed 2002 recently.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:48:59 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

The "show all" button is still disabled on a protected worksheet.

You could have your own macro that unprotects the sheet, does a show all, and
then reprotects the sheet, though.

derwood wrote:

hi
thanks for the response but stil desnt work
maybe im doing something wrong basically i want the "show all" button
to work all the time
is it possible it doesnt work in excel v2002
thanks
darren
Gord Dibben wrote:

The Autofilter must be enabled before the sheet is protected.

Then check the "Use Autofilter" option.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 24 Jul 2006 18:29:16 -0700, wrote:.

I use the protection with filtering on
is there a way that allows me to have the show all function workable as
this curently is only allowed with the protection off
all assistance is appreciated.