Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Unprotect workbook accidentally?

FormatSheetUnhide etc. being grayed out indicates to me that you have the
Workbook Protection enabled, not Worksheet Protection.

Worksheet Protection still allows sheets to be unhidden as Piranha states.

Maybe both are protected.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:52:02 -0700, jped wrote:

When I go to FormatSheetUnhide without entering the password, this is
grayed out. Once I enter the password, it's active. Is there a way to view
or print the hidden worksheet without entering a password? Thanks!

"Desert Piranha" wrote:

jped Wrote:
Hi, I have a client who created a workbook with a hidden, password
protected
sheet included. She sent it out to a client of hers who then faxed
back the
worksheets, including the password protected hidden sheet. This
person
somehow unprotected the sheet. She claims this person is a novice user
who
hardly knows his way around a computer. Is it possible to somehow
"accidentally" unprotect a workbook? Thanks for your help!Hi jped,

I may be missing something here but just password protecting a
worksheet and hidding it,
does not stop you from going to "FormatSheetUnhide" and unhiding it.

Unless its "xlSheetVeryHidden" with code.

Am i wrong?

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934