Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Danny Lewis Danny Lewis is offline

Default The Seemingly Impossible

Hello all

I posted yesterday, when Leo was very helpful but I'd like to try and post
it again and see if there are any geniuses out there...

I have a table, with the following columns:

Incident Number, Date, Incident Description, Minutes 1, Minutes 2, Function,
Area (and a few other irrelevant columns).

This table has a few thousand records in it, with each column varying data.
There are about 6 different functions, and 30 different areas.

Say for example one function was FINANCE, and the area was CREDIT CONTROL,
is there a way I could produce the same table on another spreadsheet for the
top 5 incidents for these two variables, descending by Minutes 1?

e.g. on another worksheet

Incident Number, Date, Incident Description, Minutes 1, Minutes 2, Function,
Area
1 01/01/01 ikgjnsgosgn 78 120 Finance Credit Control
2 23/09/00 jsdgofnyof 65 103 Finance Credit Control

and so on????

Thanks

Danny