Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RateTheBuilder RateTheBuilder is offline

Default Character display problem importing into Excel

Hi

Managed to solve the problem by adding the following line to my code:

Response.ContentEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF7;
Cheers

Brendan
Rate your experiences with your UK and Ireland builders at
http://www.ratethebuilder.co.uk

"RateTheBuilder" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to import data into excel from an ASP.Net page and everything
is working except for when text in a column contains é character. When the
data is imported into Excel it comes up as é instead.

In the code I am formating the cells as text using the following code:

Anyone any idea what the problem could be? Or can I provide any more
information to help with a solution?

Thanks