Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ozz Ozz is offline

Default cpu load excel with access queries

Hi,

I've made a report in Excel which is updated with macro's that retrieve data
from an access database through ADODB.

The database is now 500MB and when I run the entire update list it takes
around an hour and 40 minutes to complete. What is interesting to me is that
when I look at the cpu load, it never goes over 53%. It's like Excel only
uses half of the CPU power. Also it only uses around 50MB of memory. I
thought the macro would go faster if I had more ram and more CPU power.

Is there some kind of limit on the CPU load that Excel uses? Can it be
changed?
Thanks!