Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
autosaviour autosaviour is offline

Default Help with removing certain strings from cells

Would using "text to columns" help you (using "space" as delimiter)? This
would push every word into a new column (good if brand name is only one
word). Then you could concatenate back together any multi word titles you
need. Or you could autofilter column for lines containing "men's", write
"men's" in new column, copy down and use find replace to replace " men's" in
the original column with "" (nothing) if you want it removed, repeat for
other groups.

"sparkroms" wrote:

Hi, I am trying to do my inventory that I got from my supplier and the
format for the item listings is "[brand name] Men's {description}". I
was wondering if you guys could help me find a way to get that "men's"
(or women's or unisex depending on the item) out of each cell and into
a new column so that I could easily integrate a column for gender on my
site. I would really appreciate if you guys can help me out. I dont know
very much excel. I can only use stuff like RIGHT() and LEFT(). But I can
learn very easily. Thanks!

--
sparkroms
sparkroms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25037