Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Default Negative Numbers in Parentheses

Format cells - number - select the one with parentheses

"tiggy2" wrote:

I have Excel 2002 (XP) on my present laptop. I need to be able to display
negative numbers/currency values in parentheses using accounting format but
with an input locale of UK set in Regional Options in Control Panel (where I
live) the option is not available (only the "-" sign). However with an input
locale of USA the negative parentheses options are all available and work
fine. I have set the negative number formats in Regional Options (Windows
XP) to show parentheses in both number and currency formats but these don't
wash through to Excel. I had this problem before on a previous machine and
found a fix but I can't remember what or where - I know I didn't have to set
up a Custom format though! I seem to rember changing a registry value?
Can anyone please help - it's driving me nuts!