Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default finding exact matches using vlookup

If there are numbers involved it might be that either the lookup value or
the lookup column are text values

=ISTEXT(A1)

will return TRUE if a value is text thus you can check if that's the case

You could have invisible characters in the string, test with

=LEN(A1)

if that matches what you can count it is OK, if the resulting character
count is greater than what you can count you have invisible characters

To convert text numbers to number numbers, select the cell(s), do datatext
to columns and click finish or copy an empty cell, select the cell(s) in
question and do editpaste special and select add

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

"Ekazakoff" wrote in message
I am getting #N/A errors even when I have an apparently exact match in my
table array to the lookup value. I know that excel requires the formats
be exactly the same and I can force the match if I copy the lookup value
from
my table array and paste it into the worksheet. Is there an easy way to
"fix" my table array. The table array is a reference worksheet I have
created which has worked in the past.