Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Use mixed references to show row data as columns in another book

Toolsoptionscalculation, set to automatic, that will increase/decrease
relative references when copied meaning

=A$2 copied to the right will change to =B$2

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

"HNK" wrote in message
In a spreadsheet I am working on, the master data is contained in a
spreadsheet with data reported in rows. A client has asked us for various
reports, but wants the data reported in columns. In order to create a
link
to the master spreadsheet, I used a mixed reference, to have the absolute
row, but a relative column. However, when I try to copy this formula
forward, it only copies the same mixed address, rather than advancing the
column as I thought it would.