bebonham

I have a laptop...so the problem is not a scrolling mouse

wheel.....when I
select a cell in the workbook it will not let it go....as I

move the mouse
around it keeps selecting all the sells as if i have the

mouse held
down....do not appear to have a key stuck

either......however...when the cell
is selected...(before i click the cursor in a cell) i can

move around to
different cells with the arrow keys and it only selects one

cell at a
time...like it is suppose to...as soon as I click with the

mouse the whole
spreadsheet continues to be selected wherever i move the

mouse...even if i
move the mouse off the spreadsheet....it just keeps

selecting all the cells
in that direction....HELP

I feel you pal, I have the exact same problem, windows me office 2002
sbe I have other machine and I have played with ext / add but I am sure
you agree, it is _not_ that.

here is what I can add to the description of the problem.

1. It only happens when you click on the worksheet or the arrows at
bottom that let you move thru the worksheets. You can use all the
menus, open documents, edit them fine using the keyboard. If you click
the worksheet or try to change worksheet by clicking then it breaks.

2. When it breaks, it is _exactly_ like you had never released the
mouse button. It prevents excel from recieving any other messages, but
the system can still recieve clicks and keystrokes.

3. I agree it occurs intermittently, but at the momement, even after
many reboots, it is always happening.

I haven't really tried anything to fix it yet. I am sure there are no
viruses or spy/ad ware on the system. I don't have the office sbe
disks handy, so I could try reparing or uninstall reinstall. I'm
sceptical a repair would fix this.

Since this is a new problem, could it have to do with any recent
windows updates?
(this occurred about jan 18 within 5 days)

thanks for any input!!