Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Creolekitten via OfficeKB.com Creolekitten via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Formula terror

Thank you for your help. Yes the percentage of c3 + d3 is of 20.
Bernie

Fred Smith wrote:
=20/(c3+d3)

is the percentage that c3+d3 is of 20.

However, now you have a display problem, because if c3+d320, you want the
number 20 displayed, but if it's less, you want a percentage displayed. A
possible solution is to display only percentages using the formula:

=if(c3+d3=20,0.20,20/(c3+d3))

and format as percent.

If that's not what you want, give us specific examples of what you want
displayed in each circumstance.

There's always a solution.

Hello and thank you so much. I'm trying to find out what the percentage of C
& D combined would be of 20. I think I forgot some more of the formula also

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]
greatly appreciated.
Thank you