Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Help With Formula

want that, but what does trunc((f6-4)/4) do, it appears to be the same

not quite, with F6= anything up to 7, trunc((f6-4)/4) returns 0

For my part I missed the =52 part until I saw Biff's post. Assuming that
the OP mean everyting above 48 to return 12 then I would add to my formula:

=MIN(CEILING(F6,4)/4-1,12)

--

Regards

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Dav" wrote in message

well you can combine cells but what do u want to do?

currently your numbers are text rather than numbers I am not sure you
want that, but what does trunc((f6-4)/4) do, it appears to be the same
as you function or text(trunc((f6-4)/4),0) if you really want numbers

Regards

Dav

--
Dav