Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bp bp is offline

Default Help with formula

Hi Niek,
Thanks for your solution. I was looking for a formula to accomplish the same
result but giving me the rate instead of the profit margin %. Can you think
of a way to accomplish this with a formula change?
Thanks again for you solution.
Bill
"Niek Otten" wrote in message
Hi Bill,

Look at ToolsGoal Seek

Post again in this same thread if you can't get it done

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"bp" wrote in message

| Hi All,
| Running Win98SE :-( and Excel 2000.
| Is it possible to get assistance with the following formula.
| I am currently determining the Profit Margin Percent with the following
| ((BillRate-Payrate)-(PayRate*Fringe))/BillRate=Profit Margin %
| OR
| =((20.7-12)-(12*.24867))/20.7=27.61%
| I then have to play with the billrate to get a number close to 30%.
| Is there a way to rework the formula by plugging in the 30% and working

out