Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pogo Pogo is offline

Default 24 hour time format help with 00:00 calculation

thanks for the good try biff, but when I enter that custom code in the
worksheet it did not dispay the zeros but it also did not calculate the other
times that were not zero.
I also tried to use conditional formatting on the cells that showed zeros
that I did not want, when the zero optins box was checked. In conditional
formatting i said that if a cell =a reference cell that =0 then make the font
and the background color in the cell both white.That worked great the cells
that I wanted to show 00:00 in showed 00:00. The ones that I did not want to
show the zeros did not. The only problem was when I printed the sheet, the
zeros that did not show up on the form still printed out as zeros on the
printed form. Can anyone think of a fix for that problem. If so then I can
solve my dilema.
Thanks for the time and effort involved

"Biff" wrote:

I am sorry I meant to say that I only want the zeros to appaer in only one
column, if I check the zero box in options it clutters up the form by
filling
in zero's in all of the empty cells. How would I have the zeros fill into
only specic cells on the form and not any others? sorry I was so vague
earlier.

Go to ToolsOptionsView and check Zero values.

In cells where you don't want the 0's displayed use this custom format:

0;-0;;@

Biff