Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default Dual x-axis chart

As Dell pointed out, one can create 2 axes as long as there is at least one
series on each chart.

So, in your case, plot the data twice. Double-click one of the plotted
series and in the resulting dialog box, from the Axis tab, select Secondary.
Now, select Chart | Chart Options... | Axes tab and select the secondary x
axis. Now, adjust the various axes so that the appropriate secondary and
primary axis min. and max. values line up.

Essentially, you would be adapting
Single Chart Dual Axis
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch...0graph%20dual%
20axis.htm

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Lets say I want to plot some data (on a scatter chart) which is a function
of temperature. For convenience I would like to show two x-axes which gives
the correpsonding x-values in Fahrenheit and Celcius. So then I could chose
to plot(x_fahrenheit, y1) on x-axis1 or plot(x_celsius, y2) on x-axis2
(forgive the Matlab plot notation) and could choose whether to read off the
x-axis values in Fahrenheit or Celsius directly from the plot.
Can this be done in Excel (or Matlab). What if I needed 3 x-axes?

Thanks.